favorite this postCorporate Giving Specialist for Youth Suicide Prevention Nonprofit (Central PA) hide this posting
QR Code Link to This Post
Corporate Giving Specialist
We are seeking a dedicated volunteer to manage corporate donation activities, including managing current donor relationships and seeking out new corporate sponsorships. This volunteer will work closely with the Fundraising Co-Chairs and the President to design effective fundraising plans and campaigns, and coordinate with other volunteers to execute these plans.
Description of Please Live
Please Live is a nonprofit organization in Central Pennsylvania that is dedicated to mental health education and suicide prevention for youth in our community. We work with local schools to educate students, staff, teachers, and community members about depression, suicide, and related mental health topics, signs & symptoms of mental illnesses, and where/how to seek help for mental health problems. For more information, visit pleaselive.org.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Identify and contact businesses to solicit donations
• Assist in maintaining corporate donor relationships
• Generate ideas for fundraising events or strategies
• Attend meetings and collaborate online with other members of the committee, including the Fundraising Co-Chairs
• Strong and personable communication over email, phone, social media, and in person
• Prior fundraising experience preferred
• Ability to meet for fundraising meetings at least once per quarter, usually scheduled either in the evenings or on weekends
• Basic computer skills (uploading/downloading documents, accessing email, participating in online forums and chat groups, etc.)
• Availability during normal work hours to contact businesses while they are open
• Resident of Central PA who can readily identify and manage local businesses
• Previous experience with corporate donation solicitations
• Previous experience with database management tools (Microsoft products preferred)
To apply for this opportunity:
Please submit a current copy of your resume and a short description of why you are interested in volunteering for Please Live. Emails that do not include this information will not be reviewed.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers