QR Code Link to This Post
Milton Hershey School (MHS) is one of the world’s best private schools, where students from lower-income families who are looking for greater opportunity are able to explore their individual interests to the fullest. Thanks to the generosity of Milton and Catherine Hershey, the school is fully endowed with the resources to ensure every child and staff member has what they need to succeed. The school has prepared over 11,000 graduates to lead fulfilling and productive lives and is expanding to serve more students in the coming years.
MHS is seeking Full-time (10-M*) CDL Drivers/Utility Workers to join the transportation team. The driver provides transportation for students and staff to all school scheduled activities. Also provides general utility work and delivers food, supplies and other goods/products to the school buildings and student homes on campus. Some of the responsibilities include:
• Delivery of supplies, meals and freight to student homes, campus facilities and off-campus locations.
• Transporting students and staff to activities and appointments, both on and off-campus. This may include pick-up and drop-off at airports, bus stations, etc.
• Some limited long-distance travel may occasionally be required.
• Responsible for vehicle cleanliness, basic maintenance checks, and conducting vehicle safety inspections using school protocol & other required inspections.
• Maintaining driver logs.
• Conducting general utility work such as organizing and cleaning of tote equipment, etc.
• Organizing goods and supplies for deliveries.
• Available to work a flexible schedule as needed based on the needs of the school.
The work schedule is considered flex with regularly 40 hours of scheduled work (maximum of 46 weeks/year - including weekends), and a minimum of 2 (two) days off - standard hours of operation may change due to programmatic changes. (*) A 10-Month work schedule typically includes summer and school breaks off. Bargaining unit with Local OPS 464. Full-time employees receive generous health & insurance benefits (medical, dental, vision, retirement, life insurance, etc.). Starting pay: $25.02 per hour, after a one-year probationary period, the rate will increase based on the union contract.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• Excellent driving record required.
• Valid PA driver's license Class B CDL required, with a P&S and air brake endorsements, or ability to obtain S endorsement within 3 months of hire.
• Physically capable of lifting and/or carrying up to 50+ pounds on a frequent basis (60% of the time).
• At least a year of School bus and/or truck driving experience.
• Strong interpersonal skills to work with both adults and multi-aged students in a diverse multicultural environment.
• Able to maintain a flexible schedule to be available for work as needed. (Work schedule is typically known about 5 days in advance).
• Solid organizational and time management skills.
• Demonstrated administrative skills including record-keeping.
• Must demonstrate a high level of integrity as all MHS staff are role models for the students.
• Candidates must be willing to actively engage with students beyond the scope of their job responsibilities.