compensation: $20 to $25 per hour employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
NAPA's Mechanic are responsible for maintaining diesel equipment operation by completing inspections and preventive maintenance requirements; correcting vehicle deficiencies; making adjustments and alignments; keeping records.
• Determines vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts.
• Keeps equipment available for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules; installing component and part upgrades; controlling corrosion; completing winterization procedures.
• Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as, power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brake, steering, hydraulics; completes machine shop operations; making adjustments and alignments including bearing loads, gear tooth contact, valve mechanisms, governors, oil systems, control linkages, clutches, and traction units.
• Verifies vehicle performance by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
• Complies with federal and state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
• Maintains vehicle records by annotating services and repairs.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience: 2 or more year's related experience working on Class 8 Tractors and Trailers
Education: A high school diploma or GED required.
o Ability to utilize diagnostic programs
o Basic computer skills
o Ability to participate in out of state training
o Refrigeration Certifications a plus (and compensated)
o Valid CDL a plus.
NAPA Transportation, Inc. offer's their full time employees...
o Competitive Compensation
o Pay Increases (based on performance)
o Career Advancement
o Paid Vacation
o Paid Holidays
o Great Benefits!
o 401k with company match & much more!!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers