compensation: salary plus commission employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
We are looking for an energetic motivated, exciting new sales person for a entry level sales position. We provide entertainment services like inflatables, escape rooms, mechanical bulls, amusement rides, mobile zip lines etc, to colleges, schools, churches, corporations, private parties, and much more. This position requires the sales person to work with clients on planning and reserving our items for their events. This is very similar to an event planner.
Duties would include:
- Work with data bases -Email customers -Develop new business and maintain relationships with current customers -Call existing and potential new customers -Send mailings (post cards, magazines, letters, etc)
-Work with customers on new events and existing events -Prepare event paperwork for staff
-Make all pre-event preparations
-Learn and become knowledgeable on our products and services (and new products as they arrive)
- Prospect for new clients including cold calling and researching new business opportunities
- Prepare quotes and contracts - Maintain daily calendar to ensure you are completing minimum required sales calls
- Monitor account payments to ensure customer payments are current and on time
- Attendance at college conferences and Tradeshows throughout the year. (3 to 4 in the fall and 2 to 3 in the winter/spring) These are usually 3 to 4 days out of town.
- Attention to detail for filling out proper paperwork
- Ability to organize and prioritize daily work schedule - Self Motivated and work well unsupervised - Minimum High School Diploma
- Proofreading and spelling skills
- Basic math skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to use Microsoft Office
- Must possess valid driver's license and your own transportation to our office.
- Pass Child Abuse clearance and criminal history check
-Non-smoker (we are a smoke free property)
Working hours: Monday - Friday 9:00AM-5:00PM . There may be days that a little more time is needed at the end of the day to complete tasks for the next days events. Obviously you would be paid for that as well.
Additional hours : On some occasions it would be preferable for the sales rep to go out to work events as well. Not only does this help with our staffing events, it also helps the sales rep get a better understanding of how things work at events. This will help a sales rep to better plan and price events for the future. In addition to the 9 to 5 and the occasional out in the field, we attend about 4 or 5 trade shows throughout the year (mostly later fall and later winter) where we have a booth in an exhibit hall. These shows are usually always Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun. Attendance at most of these shows may be required. If you are unable to go away on business for a weekend or possibly occasionally work in the field on a Saturday, this position would not be for you.
Benefits include vacation pay, holiday pay, retirement plan, and health care plans after 90 day probationary period. Hourly salary paid weekly with the possibility of bonuses. Salary would be based on potential level of existing experience.
You would need to have good overall computer skills and writing skills including use of Microsoft Office Outlook (email), Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Access. It would certainly be a plus if you had any experience with Adobe photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, and any graphic programs.
If you are interested in this position, please contact us by email and I will forward a link for our mini application. It would be helpful to know if you've had any experience in sales or event planning. Our office is very casual, easy going, and certainly not fancy. We've got 2 cats that roam our office and a dog that visits every so often. If you are interested, go to http://www.phantomentertainment.com/salesrep.html and complete our mini application/questionnaire.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers